Isra University Reopening Policy
- Isra University is reopening its academic activities on the Campus from September 15, 2020 under strict compliance with health and safety measures as directed by the Government.
- At the main campus, Isra University allows its postgraduate students to be on the campus for their academic as well as research activities. The undergraduate degree programs in medical, dental, and allied sciences for which laboratory work/ practical aspect/ clinical exposure is highly required, students would be allowed to attend laboratories/ clinical rotation in groups of 25 students each, as per the schedule prepared by the university on weekly basis. The theoretical aspect will be covered through online teaching.
- Undergraduate degree program in Engineering, Computer Science, and Management Sciences disciplines students would be invited in a manner that final year students and those of the first semester to be there on the campus for class teaching as well as practical/ lab work and other assignments are divided into groups and on alternate days.
- Heads at the Karachi and Islamabad Campuses will also schedule their teaching activity/ plan keeping in view their demographic consideration and need. They will make sure to comply with HEC and Government guidelines. Nevertheless, whatever is the teaching plan, it will be ensured that a limited number of students to be at the campus at one specific time and place. This also complies with HEC’s instructions on a restricted number of students on the campus i.e 30% or below the total enrollment at a time.
- Fumigation is routine activity at the campus. This service is provided by the Facilities Management of the university as per a schedule, to cover each facility of the campus. It has also to be assured that each building on the campus has established a Health Desk equipped with all required accessories like thermal guns, oximeters, and the hand Sanitizers. These desks also maintain a record of all entrants (Faculty, staff, students, and visitors).
- Returning of the students is subject to verification and submitting documents prescribed in the return package, which include a copy of the invitation letter, affidavit, and health declaration. They will also be checked for temperature, Oxygen level, wearing the mask, hand hygiene, and entry on to the register on daily basis.
- Head of each teaching department by involving class representatives (CRs) would be responsible to ensure the implementation COVID-19 SoPs are maintained at his department. He will also report to the Registrar/ Additional Registrar who is the head of the monitoring cell constituted in each campus for onward submission to the Implementation Committee headed by the Vice Chancellor. This committee will review the implementation status of the strategy/ policy, make decisions, and issue directions keeping in view the on ground situation.